2.3.11

Plant Feng Shui


I love having flowers, plants and herbs in my home.


Not only is it great Feng Shui to have many living things in your home but it is also deeply spiritual to give them the care they need. I find that when I am in ‘good space’ or need to be, that working with plants- either watering them, trimming the leaves or moving them to a sunnier spot- makes me feel rejuvenated. Obviously plants are forms of positive energy and they are also givers of life. Naturally when one works directly with plants one is privi to receive life energy.


Good space exists exclusively with good air. When one has good air in the home one has a good starting point to achieving further Feng Shui success.

There are plants that are better than others at cleaning the air. If you are looking to start to ‘clean your air’ in the home, a good plant to start with is a Lady Palm (Rhapis Excelsa) which is a great indoor plant known to remove many pollutants. This is a very common plant and extremely easy to care for.





For many years I had the most lovely Peace Lily which I inherited from a 'cross country mover'. Peace Lily’s (spthiphyllum sp.) are a beautiful lush plant that is very easy to care for. Truth be told I did not give this plant the best of care when it was first thrust upon me. I can attest that this plant can survive weeks without watering. Once I did start watering and appreciating this plant it rewarded us often with the most elegant, delicate, exquisite white flowers. Apparently it is good for removing such inpurities as formaldehyde, acetone, benzene and trichloroethylene from the air. Unfortunalty when I made a cross country move and packed all my wordly possessions into a truck (that I would not see for more weeks then I originally thought possible) I too had to pass it along.


9 comments:

Ashley said...

i need some feng shui! (oops i totally spelt that wrong!) thanks for the tips girl!

Karena said...

Ren, I love this plant and it is always joyful when the blooms start poppin up.

Do come and enter my Artful Offering!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Unknown said...

Great post! I'm such a plant lover. We have so many in our apartment but I would have tons more if there was space for them!

drollgirl said...

plants cheer the place up! i love them! i have some that have been around for over 10 years! YAY! and i won't mention all of those that have passed on. :[

k said...

I have never thought of plants providing good air, but I like the thought of that!!

and p.s. could you please email me your address for pay it forward? And maybe whether you are a gold or silver kind of girl? necklace or earring or bracelet kind of girl? :)

Patricia G said...

I am regarded as plant crazy at home and at work. If you get the right plant for the right place and learn how to keep it happy it'll cheer you too.

MamaWestWind said...

Beautiful. I have no indoor plants and with small kids I haven't wanted any. But recently I've started to miss them. You're right about tending plants. I love tending flowers and gardens outdoors, I always feel so good while caring for them.

Bending Birches said...

I love it!
awesome post!

Environmental Training said...

Studies show that Peace Lily are good for indoors. It helps clean the air inside your house, office etc.

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...