21.4.11

Wabi Sabi: Anushka




Wabi- Sabi is the ancient art of finding beauty in all accepts of life including imperfections.  It is based on the elements: that nothing lasts, nothing is finished and nothing is perfect.  It is about finding perfection in imperfection. 
Here are some photos from taken by a fellow blogger: 


unraveling basket still serves its purpose of holding musical instruments


sharing a bathroom with the whole family


a half packed suitcase waiting for our move


moody boy slouched on the couch in his underwear in the middle of the day

Anushka is the wife of a medical student presently living in St. Maarten and gearing up to move back to the US for her husband to begin his clinical work.  She is mom to an adorable little man and is always busy with island adventures and creative projects.
To check out her blog visit her at Journey

7 comments:

Pistachio said...

What a great blog entry and lesson. I need to practice that more in my everyday life!
Cheers!!

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Definitely something I need to better incorporate as well.

XO
Lenore

A Crimson Kiss said...

Love that bathroom shot-so sweet!

Silver Strands said...

I love the concept of Wabi-sabi. And I love your pics :)

heather said...

i have to admit i am thinking about wabi sabi so much the past few days when i'm trying to clean this place up. thank you!

cpcable said...

I really enjoyed this series! I like seeing the photos from all the different homes and the variety of ways the Wabi-Sabi outlook can be applied. You've inspired me to take a look at my own space as well!

nunu said...

whew... what a busy week we've had since moving back to america!!! : ) i'm finally posting about the wabi-sabi series that i was so excited to take part in. here is my link http://thenunuland.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-wabi-sabi-world.html
i hope i did it some justice. peace out. : )

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...