18.4.11

Wabi Sabi: Christine

Wabi- Sabi is the ancient art of finding beauty in all accepts of life including imperfections.  It is based on the elements: that nothing lasts, nothing is finished and nothing is perfect.  It is about finding perfection in imperfection. 
Often as bloggers we share aspects of our lives that are more 'put together', I invited a few creative bloggers to share some of the wabi-sabi from their lives.






Christine is the woman behind the Etsy shop Sophiebelle and Blog: Craftbynight.  
She is mom to a an adorable toddler and partner to a doctor of TMC.  
I love how her wabi-sabi includes so many creative projects.  
She writes: 
My sewing table is always full of different projects in various degrees of completion.  Sophie's painting waiting to be picked up again and our living room with toys constantly strewn about.  My Valentine's hearts are still in the window, months later.  
Christine is working on a project to make Easter nests by collecting twigs, washing them then letting them dry bent in bowl- I can’t wait to see the final result!


Don't forget to stop by tomorrow to catch a glimpse of another bloggers wabi sabi home!

14 comments:

Lady Grey said...

I love this, Ren!
I definitely feel like I have a lot of wabi-sabi in my life.... but maybe that's okay. I like this positive spin you've put on it.
oxo

Pet said...

I really like the Wabi-Sabi idea. I think I will try to do something like that. Thanks for the tip!

Heartfire At Home said...

What a great sentiment and thought provoking phrase... that nothing lasts, nothing is finished and nothing is perfect.

I love all those pics. I especially like the first one and the one with the twigs in the saucepans. I LOVE all things twiggy and tree related! I could think of lots of great things to do with those twigs.

The hearts on the window are great too! It looks like a wonderful creative space to live and feel alive in.

Linda. xox

mermaid gallery said...

As a potter I appreciate that anything handmade will be imperfect....that is the mark of the maker....those imperfections are what make it so interesting. Commercially produced pottery sadly lacks wabi sabi.....

Anonymous said...

I love this. There's to much anxiety around perfection, and I don't really get it. The only perfect thing is nature, bu all that is human-related isn't and can't be perfect. I would be very bored if I had a perfect house, a perfect shop or a perfect body. Did I realy say that?

Bossy Betty said...

Love the concept of Wabi-Sabi. I indeed live it too!

Diana said...

Those nests sound so cute!

Mama Gone Green said...

I love these wabi-sabi posts. Everything in my life seems to be unfinished and imperfect!

Unknown said...

Fun post! Getting peeks into others lives is always enjoyable, especially when it's real and when there are crafts! We still have xmas lights up in our windows. My husband just says, "they're festive. We'll have a party or something". Sad, but true.

Stacey said...

i enjoyed this. I can so relate to the 1st pic:-)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Those Valentine's hearts are pretty adorable!

valarie said...

I love this version of Wabi-sabi. There is something so beautiful in things not perfect and not completed. I can hardly wait to see those nests.

heather said...

oh, i would keep those hearts up too. another great series!

k said...

gosh, i was so behind on your blog...i love these wabi sabi posts so much!!

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...