30.5.11

Zombie Spray

My monkeys have always been afraid of loud noises, the dark, medical textbook photos and zombies.

We have friends in Toronto who whenever we would go to their house to watch sports games L's yelling would make my kids cry.  They both like to sleep respectively with their closet and bathroom lights on.  Dr. J started medical school when our oldest was already born so medical school and textbooks were something that my monkeys grew up with- needless to say they are repulsed by many of the textbook images they have been subjected to seeing- mostly because of their own insatiable curiosity.  Finally zombies- It was an episode of Scooby Doo that I myself remember watching as a child that has resulted in years of fear of zombies.


I recently had my monkeys read this spoof on Preparedness in case of a Zombie Apocalypse-
Not sure if it helped but it sure is funny.

The only thing that has helped with the zombie situation is Zombie Spray- It is easy to make.

To Make Zombie Spray: 
One recycled spray bottle- well rinsed/cleaned- 
I used an old Downy Wrinkle Spray bottle as it is not overly chemically.
Decorate with stickers- markers- whatever. 
We have a Love The Love bumper sticker from a Phish show.
Filtered water
A few drops of a comforting scent IE: vanilla, lavender, mom's perfume etc.
Mix together
Spray every night around room, closet, bed, bathroom- keep within arms reach. 

What were you scared of as a kid?
What are your monkeys scared of? 

15 comments:

Andrea @ little buckles said...

Brilliant! Sam is afraid of the green man. I have no idea where that originated from, but your spray may be the key :)

Pet said...

I will start hiding this video from my monkeys :-) The spray? They would come to sleep to our bed anyway!

Mama Gone Green said...

Cute! As a kid, I was always sure there was something hiding under my bed and so I used to run from across the room and jump onto it so I wouldnt have to get close to the edge. I always thought something was going to grab my leg! He-he

Zoë said...

My daughter was just scared and did not know what of until the Doctor said " are you scared of monsters?" Now she is scared of monsters, thanks DOC! (to be fair to him he has a newborn and is not getting a lot of sleep so I am going to say that his mind is a little muddled... Not sure if that makes it ok for him to be treating my child....;)

Zoë said...

Oh, I forgot to say that she uses monster spray also (ours is just water and she knows that (because the doctor told her it was just water), but it does the trick for her)

Getrealmommy said...

That show always scared me too!

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet ren, for some reason im always interested in horror movies and cartoons eventho it makes me scared and i get nightmares from it. That spray is awesome! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

heather said...

I used to have recurring nightmares about crazy car and tractor hoards zooming toward the house, where I would scoop up all my stuffed animals and try to save them somehow.

Also, a TV white noise snow channel scariness that occurred when the lights turned out... along with the snakes that started squirming on the bedsheets by my neck in the dark...

Kristin H said...

My youngest monkey is hooked on Alligators... my oldest has only fear of no action in the house... at least it feels like it... haha:) Have a great and fun Zombie time!!

Brissa said...

that is the cutest idea ever. oh i love it. thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi. i'm glad you did because now i am loving your little corner of the blogsophere.

Nikki said...

Aliens, almond shaped eye ones. I would cry and ask my Dad to make sure the window was locked and he'd say "If they come for you, they'll come through the wall anyway". Lovely Father ;)

Gwen Gardner said...

What a brilliant idea!! I wish I had thought of that :)

k said...

I'm going to remember this :)

rockinkez said...

so cute. the spray is such a great idea!

Megan said...

works wonders :-)

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...