14.12.10

DIARY Of A Wimpy Kid…. ALL THE BOOKS (P.S even the Ugly Truth)



LADIES AND GENTELMEN OF ALL AGE- IT’S DIARY OF A WIMPY KID!!!

Yah got that- bold letters! Oh hey this is monkey 1. If you are new and haven’t read my other report on Maus and Persepolis  it is on my moms blog- you should read it. Anyways moving on if you want to get a kid a holiday gift you are going to want to get a book and not any book but The Diary Of A Wimpy Kid so far there are 7- Including Do It Your Self and Movie Diary.


The book is about a boy named Greg and his problems and the things he does. Greg is in middle school and he gets picked on a lot. He gets picked on by his older brother Rodrick. I am an older brother and I also pick on my little brother (monkey number two). I think he has similar problems to me and he also makes stupid mistakes like I do. An example of a stupid mistake he makes is to go through a drain pipe to get around Fregley’s house who is this really annoying kid. Something that I learnt from this book is TO THINK BEFORE YOU DO.

This is a good story. I think an appropriate age is ALL AGES. If you don’t think this book is funny then you probably read it wrong. So go re-read it! I like that the book has drawing by the author (Jeff Kinney). It reminds me of the type of drawing I like to do in my journal and note books. They are all really funny and he draws funny signs and diagrams. It also reminds me of school only because I doodle in my notebook like him. Most of the kids in my school have these books. Everyone in my class (fourth grade) loves these books and we’ve all seen the movie too.

I totally think that if you want to get a gift for Hanukkah or Christmas for any boy or girl who is ANY AGE (or at least can almost read) that they will love this too- The newest book is Ugly Truth but I have read all of them and they are all good.

If you want to buy one from Amazon through my mom’s Amazon Store just click on any of the titles
below. 













Thanks for reading my review and I like reading your comments- Have a great day!

Monkey number ONE!

22 comments:

A Grandmother said...

I am a grandmother and have read some of these books. I agree, they are age appropriate from 5 to 100 and plus. Even I would appreciate getting them as gifts.

Valarie said...

We are huge Whimpy Kids fans over here. They are just hysterical and the fact that I have a boy in my house this age adds to the humor of it all. So glad you love them too.

rockinkez said...

haha. looks awesome :)
ren - you should make the paper snowflakes!

and flowers pick themselves said...

my best friend is a school teacher and one of her students is absolutely in love with these books! they sound really awesome.

xo Alison

Stacey said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I had the series in my library classroom and my 5th graders just loved reading them! They always almost got 100% on the related comprehension tests
too:-)

Shari said...

I love your post, Monkey #1. I'll have to beg, borrow and steal the books from my own monkeys so that I can (hopefully) enjoy them like you.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I haven't read these books because my daughter is all grown up now but I'm often looking for good books to buy my friend's kids. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

My 6 yo, Bryce is sitting on my lap as I'm reading this post and says "I want that!" He brought home his first Wimpy Kid's book home from the library last week and loves it:)

k said...

I think this review was awesome, monkey #1! I want to read them!

vintch said...

these books, though written primarily for children, have some of the most beautifully simple messages that everyone, especially grown-ups, can relate to. lovely review. thank you for sharing!

this free bird said...

I always loved books; the library was my friend all through school. In uni I was an English major, then switched to H/S teacher of English/ESL and French, then switched to Elementary ed (can't decide wth you're doing much, Carrie?) Anyway - along the way in multiple Children's Lit classes I realized I just wanted to read Children's books. They're the best. I'm going to be stuck in a drift in Canada in the next couple weeks so this is going in my carry on!!

xo,
c

maxine miller said...

monkey 1: On your recommendation I purchased a copy of The Awful Truth for my sister's grandson along with a night lite for reading it in bed. Thank you so much for your book reviews. They are great.

Lovely World said...

Dear Monkey #1,
This is a very good review. When my children first discovered the Wimpy Kids series, I was somewhat annoyed - but then I read the first book and laughed out loud. We just saw the movie of that first book. And I laughed out loud again! We now have all of the books. My children are enjoying them.
Maribeth
PS Say hi to your mom.

k said...

P.S. Ren I thought of you when I saw this: http://www.efreeme.com/item/Canadiana-Stripe-Hemp-Tote-Bag/10003

nunu said...

well thank you monkey 1 ! this was great to read because a) you are a great writer with a voice and
b) because i just bought the 'do it yourself book' for my half brother who is in FOURTH GRADE like YOU!!!! so, i think i did well.
the teacher in me can't help but say, keep up the reading and writing! you're a natural... : )

Kristin H said...

Never seen these before... but we can all recognizing ourselves in being a bit wimpy now and then::)

Unknown said...

Nice review! I totes love these books and the movie. Awesaweum! Nice work, mate!

George
Raised By Wolves

cpcable said...

Thanks for the review! I'll have to keep an eye out for these at used bookstores from now on! :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait till my niece and nephew get old enough to read! XX!

Mama Gone Green said...

I think this may be the perfect xmas gift for one of my newphews! thanks!

Valarie said...

Great review Monkey No1. We are huge Whimpy kid fans over here. They are so funny. Thanks for sharing your views with us.

Brissa said...

thank you so much monkey number one! i am a HUGE HUUUUUGE fan of the movies, but now i think i'll read the books since they usually tend to be better than the movies. :)

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...