16.2.11

Things I Saw Thrifting

I have a running list of things I am looking for and love the rush of finding the perfect item.
Presently, I'm looking for seating: for my master bedroom and my monkeys rooms, curtains (I want to sew something using vintage fabric), I have BIG plans for mason jars and I will buy anything that I can bake bread in- mildly obsessed with making bread these days-
If you have not seen my 'how to' vlog on no-knead bread please check it out- here

Some things I saw:
I swear these are the same seats I used to sit on when I would ride the 'Red Rocket' to school in Toronto
Pretty sure I need something like this for somewhere

What a perfect cuddle seat! I can just picture the four of us on this!
That lion looks like he ate a mouse. 

A banana split chair

I love the idea of a telephone table- my grandmother had one of these- 
G-d knows I never sit and talk- Multi-task- what is this world coming to?!

Love this- It folds up to be 'small' and compact! 

Old- fashion luggage is so trendy as a home accessory- certainly with present day weight restrictions it would not be worth it's weight to use it for its intended purpose.  

I like the style of the first chair and the fabric of the second- They should get married. 

And I did BUY some things: 
We have NEEDED one of these forever and even though my youngest already ripped off part of the equator ("I couldn't help it mom") the monkeys really love this globe- I like that it has measurements, really spins, has tidbits of information, elevated mountain ranges and Israel.  
An Abacus- I need to learn to use it so I can teach the monkeys-


Oh you just wait- I'm going to jar the whole world up.

So in love with this vintage 1970's sheet- 
It looks as if it has barely been used, vibrant colors and not at all worn.
I'm going to make something amazing out of it!

29 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! That is a lot very cool looking items. That telephone chair and table combo, really takes me back. As quickly as land line phones are disappearing, in 50 years nobody is going to know what that piece of furniture is!

Diana Mieczan said...

Such a great finds..I love the jars and the globes look incredible. And I would totally get the yellow chairs..Amazing!
Kisses my dear and Im off to check out your bread-making post:)
Muah

Ps: I’m hosting an adorable shoes GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for spring!

Unknown said...

that blue velvet chair would of been MINE!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I could look at these kind of posts all day long - love love thrifting. I posted about the auction today, just as fun. Gotta say I've never seen a split banana chair. Those two chairs SHOULD get married, that made me laugh out loud :)

simone leblanc said...

fantastic! love the phone table!

Mama Gone Green said...

Lots of fun finds!

Mise said...

I live in a country that has no mason jars: how sad is that?

Dharma said...

Nice finds! I understand the affliction of being in love with mason jars....I too suffer. That globe looks like one I picked up this past summer at a prop shop sale at our local little theatre. Cool!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

On a trip to L.V. once, I happened to come across a thrift store in old down town and saw this red velvet vintage chair that I still think about! Wish I could have packed it on the plane with me.
I agree with you on the first and second chairs....love the style of the first and fabric of the second:)

mr. pineapple man said...

what a fun post!

Ninjagaiden78 said...

I love thrifting!
The banana yellow chair is cool.

windowshopz.com

Rita said...

:)) jars look great, I would fill them with peach jam;)
and those suitcases! I would definitely use them as a table in my perfect living-room;)
have a beautiful end of the week!
J.

Elisa said...

what a fun place you went to! They have some great items, that banana split chair made me smile, and it's so bright!
I'm a jar fan as well. do tell us when you finish that project with the fabric, I like the color combinations!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

so much fun stuff! Ok, I think I'll go thrifting tomorrow :)

Holly Hox said...

Love the globe! I have a little collection started and have absolutely no willpower whenever I spot one at the thrift shop. Love the puppers too! What a sweet face.

Faiza said...

oh how fun! you have a great eye for colour and shapes and dimensions. i love visiting your blog and looking at the world through your eyes.

A Crimson Kiss said...

How fun! The print of that sheet is divine, and I adore that telephone table!

Kimia Kline said...

gah! the banana split chair just made my day!! what a delightful find :)

Kristin H said...

How fun to go antique shopping! Lovely finds!
Have a fabulous day!

k said...

I LOVE the globes!!! and that phone chair is pretty cool too!

mermaid gallery said...

I'd grab that cutie dog.....

;) said...

You saw amazing things... In your time machine?

Maxine Miller said...

As always, Spike is the scene stealer.

Punctuation Mark said...

i love these types of stores... they are such treasure chests!

andrea of ffft said...

I want those suitcases (I have an addiction) and could you please send me that banana split chair for my birthday? Pretty please? I know I could find a place for it someplace :)

Oh, and if we could figure out furniture splicing I have a few ideas, LOL

Great looking thrift shop... and fun thoughts as usual... always a joy!

essbesee said...

you and i must go thrift shopping together one day. may it be so.

Valarie said...

That camera is incredible. What great finds you had thrifting. So glad you enjoyed yourself.

Brandi said...

Wow. You really found some fascinating pieces. The camera is beautiful and the jars fantastic, but some of those furniture pieces are just odd. It's like a trip back in time.

Heather Taylor said...

What great finds! Personally, I love the banana split chair. I can easily envision setting one up in my bedroom.

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...