3.7.11

Artist: Anatoly Konenko- Miniture Art, Micro Art, Worlds Smallest Aquarium


Russian artist Anatoly Konenko specializes in creating the world’s smallest art.  He recently made (tiny) waves by creating the world’s smallest aquarium complete with rocks, plants and fish.  The tank measures just 30 mm wide, 24 mm high and 14 mm deep.   It holds approximately two tablespoons worth of water. 
Mr. Konenko, who likes to refer to his art as ‘micro- miniatures’ is a well established painter from Siberia and is a Guinness World Record holder for the title of the world’s smallest book. 
I love that Mr. Konenko is quoted as saying ‘This tank was made out of curiosity’ isn't that how all art should come into existence?





7 comments:

Jacqui said...

Indeed it is! I have just been sitting transfixed, looking at these fish in 2 teaspoons of water for almost 5 minutes - lol. xx

Gabbi said...

A living miniature! I LOVE...

msihua said...

Oh my goodness. That is just amazing. stunning!!

liza said...

Great! I hope your week in CO is amazing!!

Aurora said...

So small but so GREAT!!! :D

Andrea Reh said...

These are amazing - I've always had a soft spot for miniatures, in any form. At Ripley's on the Gold Coast once I saw reproductions of the Mona Lisa painted perfectly on tiny grains of rice.

Just discovered your blog, and would love it if you popped by mine sometime.

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

k said...

no. way. I would love to have that!!! i love fish.

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...