4.7.11

Moab and Arches National Park

Moab is the closets town to Arches National park located 236 miles south of Salt Lake City, Utah and 360 miles southwest of Denver, Colorado.
Arches National Park has the largest concentration of natural stone arches in the world.  
A stone arch is a hole in rock that in order to qualify as such must have an opening of at least three feet in one direction. 

My favorite rock formation at Arches is Landscape Arch- this amazing thin arch spans longer than a football field in length.  This is a natural phenomenon that because of it's precariousness could be lost and crumble at any time.  The monkeys really enjoyed this arch and were struck by the thought that they might never be able to take their own children there. 


Gorgeous natural sculpture
Another favorite- again due to it's sheer awe  factor is Balanced Rock

Moab is a cute touristy town- we ate dinner at a Pizza buffet restaurant called Zax's and had wicked iced coffee at this drive-through coffee 'shack'.
Really stunning part of our country-

  Have you ever been to Moab or Arches National Park?

13 comments:

Corinna said...

No, but what a beautiful place!

Mama Gone Green said...

I love that area. When went to college in Boulder we used to take backpacking and mountain biking adventures in that area.Haven't been back in quite a few years though!

Silver Strands said...

Very nice review! I've been to Arches and absolutely love the place! Happy 4th.

Galit said...

Wow! That looks amazing! I'm fascinated by desserts and there is something in those wild wide dray landscapes that is totally hypnotize and overwhelming.

never visited the Moab or Aches parks but we traveled to a couple of deserts here in South Australia that were fascinating as well (totally different though).


P.S. Enjoyed your photos and words at Vintage is for Lovers!!

Elisa said...

how cool! the balanced rock reminds me of the one we visited last weekend in colorado springs, co. I've never been to Moab, but after seeing your photos I really would love to go. I think it could be our next road trip destination.

Kristin H said...

Looks fantastic!! How I wish we had the chance to do the caravan trip we wanted to before we left the states!!!

Bruce Barone said...

I would love to go there!!!

Nikki said...

Wow, I've always wanted to go there. So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

No, I've never been there! Never seen any of the grand American canyons or anything like it.

nunu said...

woah cool! never been, but wanna go now!

Pat Tillett said...

Great photos! It looks you all had a great time. I've been there twice as a kid, but never as an adult. We'll be in Utah in September, but I'm not sure we'll have the time for a side trip.

shopgirl said...

Wow! I totally want to go there. Those are amazing arches!

Megan said...

I went on a road trip across the US when i was 22 or so. we went to arches on the trip back and stayed at a hostel there in moab. great people!

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...