4.8.10

Artist: Heiki Weber


I know that many of you saw the art work by Heiki Weber when it was featured on Apartment Therapy last week.  I couldn't help myself from doing some research on her work and share with you some images that I think are just great.
I love creating design in my home using things I already own- As with any kind of art that is created using recycled materials, found art or in the case of Andy Goldsworthy , art out of nature- I am always impressed when an artist uses materials that are common.
Heiki Weber has taken doodling with a permanent marker to a unique level. Using a marker and clearly many hours, Ms. Weber has meticulously recreated common place doodle designs into mesmerizing, hypnotic and awing pieces of art work. In her work Utopia she covered an entire room with black marker- The floors are covered in vinyl and the gallery walls, requiring not only a change of canvas but surly acrobatic and yogis talents combined.



The following images are an installation she created in a bathroom- I would love to have a projector screen with cool images in my W.C.
Her works are shown at:
Leopold Hoesch Museum Düren in Germany
Kunstmuseum Bonn, Germany
Collection of the state in Germany
Cleve Carney Collection, Chicago
Ludwig Collection in Germany
To visit her website:

What is your favorite thing to doodle?

24 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Wow, jaw-dropping. I'm trying to imagine all the fun things I would put into a projector in my bathroom. Fun.
I'm not a good doodler because I have drawing talent. Mostly circles, boxes and flowers people wouldn't recognize as flowers...

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Wow! That is some really cool art work! Love the floors:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I so adore the floor...Its so creative and stunning:)

Kisses,sweetie and see you soon:)

Ps: I am having a really great GIVEAWAY today…hint?(something you can wear) so please join in !!!!

Pat Tillett said...

Wow, wow, and wow!
Not just the art, but the idea to do it in the first place. Amazing!

Liz / Tangible Ingredients said...

Wow, wow, wow! The rippling floors!

Rikke said...

Wow, this is soo cool!!
Check out Scandinavian Chic tomorrow for the Wallpaper post:)
Rikke

this free bird said...

I am obsessed with those swirly floors. They are simply beautiful.

Honey I wish I could doodle...any child would recognize it as a scribble. *insert sad face here*

hehe

xoxo,
c

Rita said...

hey! these floors look so impressive! I wonder how much time did it take her to paint the whole gallery! the effect is stunning!

dotpics I doodle;) everywhere (even in my notebook;) and you?
hugs!
Just

Lady Grey said...

this really blows my mind!

Tayebug said...

Wow, I am pretty sure I would lose my step and be dizzy in those rooms.

mel said...

oh my god, she is amazing! i love the floor and walls, especially the first one, and that water splash is amazing! i'll be using her as an influence artist for art:)
xx
mel

peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

essbesee said...

fantastic. i love it.

my fave thing to doodle - faces, the tnt bomb and mandala-esque things. you?

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I love to doodle our names (my nuclear family's that is) and cool words- not sure if that makes me vain or just a lover of letters.

Silver Strands said...

Wowie! AMAZING. really, really AMAZING.
oxoxo
Denalee

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Oh Lady Ren, thanks for sharing those! The floor patterns are especially fascinating!! The pink ones are my faves, but not because of the color but because of teh way they integrate into everythign else in the interior!

Unknown said...

So cool!!

I was just about to leave a comment on the Tangible Ingredients blog and I saw your comment to her....you have a monkey?!?!? that's incredible! :)

mermaid gallery said...

very interesting work! looks very time consuming and back breaking....

Unknown said...

Amazing! So glad you shared these here! Just gorgeous.

Valarie said...

Greetings Ren, we are finally home from vacation. I just popped in to see what you've been up to this summer. I love all of the art and food. I'm going to have to try a couple of these recipes. They look fabulous. I also very much like the bottle cap art. I know a boy who would like a go at this himself. I hope summer is going well for all of you. Be well and happy.

blivbook said...

OMG! We are shocked with the flooring - amazing! In the future, this is something we want for our house. hehehe

Cheers, B & Liv
www.blivbook.blogspot.com
B L I V B O O K: darling&diva

Kristin H said...

Wow! THESE FLOORS ARE BREATHTAKING!
Right away I was like:Is this for real?
Incredibly inspiring!

Going to the pool with two Monkeys sounds very FUN indeed!! "Speak" to you soon:)

k said...

i cannot believe those floors!!

elizabeth ~ so wabi sabi said...

wow...those are amazing. I love the texture effect in the blue floor.

Heather Taylor said...

Wild and wonderful floors!

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...