26.1.11

The Rodger Thomas Collection- Las Vegas Design Show

Rodger Thomas is the Executive Vice President of Wynn Design and Development.  He created the interiors of Wynn Las Vegas and more recently Wynn Macau.  He also designed some of Steve Wynn's private residences. These pieces at the World Market in Las Vegas showcase his fabulous craftsmanship- with an added artistic flare of unique dark ink drawings which continue on to several parts of the whole.  
The Bianca Daybed in a dark oak, displays a continuous sketch and letters in cursive penmanship with words written by Oscar Wilde.


These are the Veneto Lounge Chairs in gold leaf.

I love how the drawing details continue all the way down to the base of the chair.

The Grenelle Lounge Chair in a black lacquer. 

This art work displayed with the furniture continues a theme of boundary-less design- very clever. 

15 comments:

Karena said...

Ren, these are truly wonderful!!

The works of art on the furniture and the walls in continuous flow amaze me!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Stacey said...

Magnificent craftsmanship and superb talent!

Mama Gone Green said...

very cool

Pat Tillett said...

Amazing!!!

k said...

I would very seriously love that day bed.

;) said...

What a work! Thanks for the discovery ;)

tulpen said...

Neato.

Rita said...

I like such style of drawing-and a mix of drawing and furniture looks interesting:)
have a nice day!
J.

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

So unique! I've never seen anything like them really.

XO
Lenore

The Gallery Gal said...

I love the line drawing and absolutely would put that gold chair in my future living room.

A Crimson Kiss said...

These are stunning, and I just can't resist beautiful calligraphy!

Stacey said...

I wish i had a Home Goods in my area! I love that store!:-)

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I'm floored! These are absolutely amazing!

Clair said...

This furniture is fabulous. It inspires a strong desire in me to paint the pictures-ok only kidding(but the colors would really stand out don't ya think?)
Clair

Marisa Seguin said...

These are so fantastic! Gives me some ideas for my own home :)

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...