21.4.10

Santa Barbara Marina and Brophy's Seafood Restaurant





The waterfront marina in Santa Barbara is approximately 252 acres of tidelands with mooring and storage facilities for boats. The amazing array of botanicals along the boardwalks and beaches adds to the beauty of this place. Truly a place of inspiration, sitting on the patio of one of the many beach side restaurants or taking a long walk is highly recommended.




Brophy Bros. a seafood restaurant that was established in 1986 by a local family, the Bennett’s makes the best clam chowder on this side of the coast. (I am partial to Cape Breton chowder but this chowder was amazing and had a great ratio of seafood to potatoes).
We ate a whole bowl of boiled clams, shrimp and mussels with amazing sourdough bread dipped into the tasty broth. 


Furthermore the Margarita’s are amazing and the Bloody Marys use fresh homemade horseradish.
The restaurant participates in the Sustainable Seafood Program so you can be certain that the meal you enjoy is not over-fished and does not produce unnecessary environmental damage in its fishing.

www.brophybros.com
119 Harbor Way
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
(805) 966-4418

11 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your photos are delightfully colorful and next time I'm in the area I'll know where to go for a drink. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Lazaro Cooks said...

Your photography is amazing. Looks like a beautiful day out. Cheers!

cpcable said...

Beautiful photos! I lived in L.A. for a time and I only made it up to Santa Barbara once. You make me wish that I would have gone up there every weekend. :)

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Love the colorful photographs! And the margarita looks delicious :)

Bossy Betty said...

We live about an hour away. I will make the trip soon. Love the pictures!

Mała Mi said...

I would have gladly opted for this restaurant :)

Lazaro Cooks said...

I nominated this wonderful blog for an award. Please Check it out here. Cheers!

http://lazarocooks.blogspot.com/2010/04/another-editors-pick-article-up-on.html

3 hungry tummies said...

Charming place indeed...a big plus with a good family run restaurant too!

Unknown said...

Hey there, it's Dieter! I've just received the 'I Love Your Blog' Award, and blah blah blah, well, a long story (don't wanna squeeze it into YOUR blog-space). But in order to receive it, I was asked to nominate 15 of my favourite blogs. Of course, you're in the list. Dunno what that award is worth, but I just wanted you to know that for me, receiving is nice; handing it over to you is more than that. I send you all the best feelings, Dieter.

Erin said...

Gorgeous photos!

Pat Tillett said...

Thanks for the nice post. Santa Barbara is one of our favorite get-away spots.

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...