14.6.10

Gazpacho



I love gazpacho as a cold refreshing summer soup. I like to make a bunch and keep it in the fridge, scooping a bowlful for lunch or a before dinner appetizer.

Originally from Spain, gazpacho is a tomato based raw vegetable soup.

Ingredients:
2 tomato's seeded and chopped
1 medium Vidalia onion chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped
1 cucumber seeded chopped
½ red pepper chopped
2 cans of Campbell's tomato soup
Using an empty soup can fill it twice with chicken stock (I used my own)
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
A dash of Tabasco
The juice of half a lemon with some zest to taste
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
Olive oil about ¼ cup
Teaspoon of sugar
1 container of V8 juice (46 fl oz. -I use low sodium)
Lots of fresh herbs, mint, parsley, basil (are what I had in my garden)
Give it a light pulsing blend with the magic wand and add chopped herbs afterwards.  It keeps in the fridge for up to a week.

11 comments:

Lady Grey said...

that looks wonderful!

Bo said...

Perfect for summer!

Valarie said...

Oh yum, that looks so good. Thanks for sharing.;)

Pat Tillett said...

YUM! very refreshing on a hot day...

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Looks delicious! Perfect for a summer evening.

Getrealmommy said...

oh yes, looks yummers, but is it easy? it has to be easy, or it ain't happening! :)

A BRIT GREEK said...

So love Gazpacho in summer! It's like my staple, that and Watermelon with feta salad - the watermelons are amazingly huge in Greece!
x.o.x.o

Rita said...

wow it looks good I would give it a try:)like trying new things:)

essbesee said...

um I was doing "it" while you were commenting you didn't want to do "it". I like putting "it" in quotes - get back over there sistah.

essbesee said...

p.s. are you on crackbook?

Tiffany Kadani said...

Oh yum! I would totally serve this on a hot summer's day for an outdoor lunch.

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...