23.6.10

Decal Art




My home is a work in progress. I am always on the look out for the perfect something to go somewhere. I refuse to spend money to fill up spaces temporarily. I am anti settling in every aspect of my life. As a result we have some empty walls that are waiting for the perfect piece of art work.
I saw these decals on Etsy and they are described as the perfect temporary solution for ‘renters’ and ‘you don’t have to spend much to get a new look’. I don’t rent and would sell my soul for a piece of artwork, if only I could find the perfect one.


But regardless, when I saw these birds I thought they would look good on the empty wall of my staircase.
This is what my empty wall looked like:


When they arrived in the mail I was surprised at how much smaller they looked- isn’t that always the case!?

I didn’t realize how bad I am at deciphering the direction of shadowed birds until I started this project- Lucky for me my youngest monkey is really good at it.
The only assembly required is to place transfer tape (which they provide), cut it up and place the birds on the wall.  My walls are slightly textured so I also pressed down with a soft cloth as was suggested. 
My goal was to 'make them look like they were flying out the window'.
I am happy with the final results- until I sell my soul (or a monkey)  for the perfect work of art.


I really love the tree designs that they make as well- To check out the shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/walldecors

25 comments:

Grace said...

I love those. Great place to put them.

essbesee said...

excellent job, and I'm thinking that was no easy task.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Love those! And I bet your kids loved helping too!

Bo said...

Very cool!!! I want some myself!

Getrealmommy said...

Beautiful! Would you like to come and decorate our house...pretty please :)

Pat Tillett said...

Very nice! You've giving me an idea!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Grace- thanks!
Sherri- it was easy enough but I am thinking getting a tree on a wall without bumps and bubbles would be hard.
Nancy- they were excited for like two seconds.
Getreal- super easy- you could do it!
Bo- they have some pretty cool designs!
Pat- it's all about ideas!

Mia said...

You should be thrilled with that result.
Hey, I know what you mean. I would rather have something awful around the house that I plan to change at some point that settle on something 'sort - of' right. It's the magaic of having waited for that amazing right bit...

Mała Mi said...

Och :) You have very beatifoul bed :) and these birds are great ornament : )

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Oh I love it! It looks so joyful and whimsical. I've always wanted to do wall stencils but I'm too scared. Of what? I dunno, doing it wrong? Silly.

XO
Lenore

Silver Strands said...

Oooh! So pleasant to look at. I bet people coming to visit just want to sit down and stare for a while :)
oxox
Denalee

its simple love said...

Ah! I LOVE it! It's simply wonderful! You have the cutest decorating style.

Rachael

Mariel Torres said...

i love this! so creative and unique :)

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Ah I've been loving those wall posters lately!! Adore the way you used those birds to decorate your house - I'm used to seeign those near sofas or beds, but your idea is unique - the do look like they're about to fly off the window!! Well done :)

k said...

I love it - it looks so good! I too have empty walls waiting for perfect pieces. I tried wall decals from Ikea actually, but they fell off =(

pve design said...

How long did it take? Those birds really look as if they are flying out that window!
pve

drollgirl said...

it looks fantastic! well done!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

They are beautiful and you did a great job with the application. How hard will they be to get off? I won't speak of the effort involved in removing stars from my daughters bedroom when we sold the big house :-). I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

Oh, these are lovely! I have been interested in wall decals, too, I'm so glad you tried them and posted about it. I think they look absolutely fabulous, you did a beautiful job! XO!

cpcable said...

Looks awesome! I've also seen these on Etsy and have debated getting them. Glad they worked so well for you!

kendra said...

oh, i love what you've done! they really do look fantastic!

style chronicle said...

So fun! My girls would LOVE some birds flying around their room!!

Lady Grey said...

seriously, that looks amazing!

Unknown said...

I love these decals, they are such an easy way to add some pop to a boring wall. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to meet you!

Diana said...

It looks so good! That seems like lots of work to cut each one! Good job. I always wondered how those things come off?

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...