13.6.10

Get Him To The Greek/ All You Can Eat




Last night was date night.  After a glutenous amount of all-you-can-eat-sushi, Dr. J and I went to see Get Him To The Greek.  It was Dr. J's idea and I had not even seen the trailer for the film. 
It was HIGHlarious. This movie is a cross between The Hangover, Almost Famous and Pineapple Express. It takes place in London, New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas and follows the seventy-two hours it takes music producer intern played by Jonah Hill, to get rock star, Rusell Brand, to perform at The Greek Theater.
Jonah Hill is an actor who plays his characters well. He generally plays a Jewish, pot smoking, teddy bear in such films as Superbad, The Hangover and Funny People. Get Him To The Greek is no exception. Rusell Brand plays a ferociously sexy rock star named Aldous Snow (a resurrection of his character from Forgetting Sarah Marshall) whose lifestyle is out of control. Sean P. Diddy Combs plays a music mogul with strong paralles to himself. The film includes cameos by Pink, Christina Aguriella, Meridith Viera and the drummer from Metallica. 
This movie is raunchy, quick witted and laugh out loud funny.
It came out in the US on June 4th and is theatres now.




With such names as: Wet Dream, Happy Ending, Screaming Orgasm and Hawaiian Roll

22 comments:

and flowers pick themselves said...

get him to the greek is totally not my type of film at all, but it sounds like a great movie to watch super late at night with some funny friends. thanks for the review!

have a lovely sunday!

xo Alison

Lillian C said...

Oh sushi + Jonah Hill?! Sounds like the perfect date night ;)

Bossy Betty said...

Thanks for the review and for the snacks with, um, interesting names!

tulpen said...

I thought it looked funny. And if you say it is then, well... It must be!

Happy Ending - *tee hee*

Dani G said...

Saw it. Liked it a lot. Love the sushi names. Probably the cheapest Happy Ending in Vegas :)

λού said...

greetings from Greece then!!!!!!!!
lou
http://louhappy.blogspot.com

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Thanks for the review - now I'm craving sushi!

XO
Lenore

msihua said...

Oooh.. I watched A-Team yesterday instead of this... now I want to watch this! Just saw Russell Brand performing on Wednesday...

Mia said...

Love your reviews and this one sounds great - right up my alley. There's not much to beat something that can make you laugh out loud is there? always happy to pay for that :)

Mała Mi said...

Oh God... i love sushi :) and this photo... mmmm :) movie must be great... when should be in polish cinema? Did You know?

jacqueline said...

I LOVE sushi and your photos makes me drool!! That movie sounds really nice to watch! I could use a good laugh right about now. Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Tiffany Kadani said...

Oh, that sushi looks delicious. But I think I might be too embarrassed to order most of those rolls.

mel said...

ooo i really want to see this it looks really good:) yumm sushi!
x
mel


peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Alison- Not my type either but super funny none the less- Don't usually see these kinds of films in the theater either but there was absolutely no other film that stood out for me and my MIL took the monkeys to Karate Kid already so- The Greek it was.
Lillian- It was and Welcome!
Bossy Betty- You should give a new spin to some of your regular dishes- Imagine how excited HOB would be!
Tulpen- I say so so it's true!
Dani- I wouldn't know.
Hi From Greece- welcome
Lenore- Hope you nipped the craving
Msihua- you should see it.
Luna- I agree
Mala-Ja nawet nie wiem co tytuł filmu jest po Polsku!
Jac- It is always good to have a good laugh.
Dancing- I know right! Luckily Dr.J ordered all the rolls- hehe
Mel- Hi and Welcome!

A BRIT GREEK said...

Hey Lady R,

Thanks for stopping by my way! I loved the Hangover... so i'd prob have a real giggle at this movie too!

Those Sushi images have got me drooling all over the place! Must make some Calif rolls!

ciao bella,
x.o.x.o

mir said...

Mioum, mioum !With the Sushis i discover you blog ! Thanks ! :-)))

Cashon&Co said...

okay, i was totally in to the movie review... i wasn't going to see it but now i want to i think! then i got to the sushi. that is my FAVORITE food. and then I saw the names and I laughed out loud. Somehow the Hawaiian roll doesn't fit in with the rest of the rolls. hahah

Valarie said...

I didn't think I would like this movie and then I was screaming I was laughing so hard. The sushi looks beautiful. Love the names. So glad you enjoyed date night.

Unknown said...

Dying over these sushi shots...and your gazpacho as well!

Mama Gone Green said...

I can't wait to see this and have myself a good laugh. Glad you enjoyed your date night! And glad that my book reviews were helpful to you! Keep me posted on how the activities turn out!!

Phoenix said...

I laughed so hard at this film I actually cried. Such a good movie :) Glad you enjoyed it! And sushi... YUM.

Dani said...

We had sushi last night and I hate an ungodly amount. It was truly obscene. But delicious.

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...