10.6.10

Film: Paper Heart



Have you seen Knocked Up with Seth Rogen? Seriously funny movie. One of the funny characters in the film is the stoner girlfriend who sits around on the couch smoking from a big bong while chuckling. The actresses name is Charlyne Yi and she is a 23 year old comedienne, musician, writer, artist, actress.

Have you seen Juno- with the teenager that gets knocked up? The baby daddy is played by Michael Cera he is also in Superbad- Really funny (Canadian) guy who I challenge anyone not to like.
When I saw a film titled Paper Heart that stared these two I ordered it immediately.

Paper Heart (2009) is a mokumentary/ hybrid documentary that has Charlyne Yi and Michael Cera playing fictionalized versions of themselves. The movie is about love and the search for the meaning of love. It follows Charlyne as she embarks on a quest to interview people about the meaning of love while examining her budding romance with Michael. I really love the aspect of interview footage, intertwined with behind the scenes film making, paper cut out animation and awkward love. Geeky love is the best because at the end of the day isn’t true love about loving each others inner geek?


This photo was taken at the booth at Sundance to promote this film.

9 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

I have not seen it, but I want to...

and flowers pick themselves said...

i had such mixed feelings about paper heart. i was totally entranced by the real documentary parts, but a little turned off by the fictional side. geeky i know, but i wanted their relationship to be real, not scripted. i adore michael cera {a.k.a. george michael bluth a.k.a. my lover}, and overall i thought it was super endearing, but missing a deeper resonance. i so enjoyed watching it, but i wanted it to add up to something more, and it just didn't for me.

xo Alison

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Adore this quirky film!
Happy Friday~
cheers*

k said...

I haven't seen it yet - but it is on my list!

Dani G said...

Saw it in the theater and really liked it. These two just broke up in for reals life. I also really loved walking out of the theater wondering if that was real or fake. Thanks for reminding me how much I liked this film!!

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Hmmm, some debate here in the comments! I will have to see for myself and make a call. Thanks for the recommendation!

XO
Lenore

Mama Gone Green said...

Thanks for the tip. I am going to add it to my netflix now.

tulpen said...

God I love that Michael Cera. Like big goofy puffy heart love.

essbesee said...

I thought they were really dating and then broke up after this film was made? Hmmm. forgot about this one, will have to check out. thanks!

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...