8.3.10

Go Stuff Your Mushrooms




I enjoy cooking most when I think of ideas 'spur of the moment' and ‘make things up’. I had these mushrooms and added some chopped spinach and fresh parsley, seasoned with salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg. I stuffed them into these (rather large) button mushrooms and added a dollop of crème fresh, parmesan cheese and cumin seeds.  Baked at 350 for about 15 minutes.
Just a little appetizer while I got the rest of our meal ready.

Main course was calamari with a shallot reduction sauce and veggies over rice

9 comments:

Bo said...

That sounds like a great meal. Did you serve the mushrooms raw or did you bake them?

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Bo- I baked them but the photos post bake were ugly- I am going to edit this in the main post. Thank you! Although there is no reason they could not have been eaten raw.

Anonymous said...

Yummy-your family is so lucky!

Unknown said...

sounds very good! homey meal

Erika said...

Thanks for the follow! I follow back.

The bacon brownies were ridiculously good. But I am also the type of person that thinks everything is better with bacon.

Your mushrooms and calamari look incredible!

Dean Grey said...

Mmmm.........making....me....hungry!

-Dean

Bo said...

No cooked stuffed mushrooms are not the prettiest things...but they sure do taste good

Kiandra said...

oooh that looks sooo good...i haven't tried stuffed mushrooms...i'm putting that on my list!

Karumen said...

yummm.... i *heart* mushrooms!! thanks for sharing! :D

Maybe You'll Enjoy These Too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...